3 Tips To Keep Your Motivation To Lose Weight


I stepped on the scale the other night and it reached 200lbs. Ugh. I think that was motivation enough, not to mention I'm worried I'll hear the 'mom version' my kids endearing chat to their father, "daddy, daddy is a fatty." It's good natured and I egg them on, but it may be the motivation to lose weight that I need.
Here is some advice and insight as to what successful "fat burners" have done to slim their waist lines:
Listen
Audio books are a great source of motivation. There are literally thousands of self-improvement audio books on the market - many of them completely free. Grab an iPod and listen to self-improvement information while you're working out or fixing dinner.

The individuals that are open to listening and learning tips and tricks for losing weight are the individuals that usually succeed. Not to mention motivational audio books are great at pushing us to complete difficult workouts and keep us on track for our weight loss goals.

Take Baby Steps
I somewhat couple this one with 'don't be afraid to fail.' Taking on a huge task can be difficult, so break it into small manageable pieces. I use to have a serious soda addiction - like nearly a gallon a day!
One day I told myself I wasn't going to drink it anymore. That simply wasn't realistic. I had to start with one 12oz can a day, to one 12oz can a week as a reward... to eventually not having a Coke in over a year! Those are baby steps.
And don't be afraid to fail. Failure is part of any learning and growing process. Accept it and do better next time. There is no need to beat yourself up over eating too much one day or not exercising another. Just keep your goals in sight... and follow the final piece of advice.

Get Support
It's hard to do anything alone, let alone something difficult like losing weight. I've found that the best thing you can do to commit to this task is to tell people. Call your friends and share your goal. Have them keep you accountable. Consider posting your progress on Facebook or other social media sites. You'll be amazed at the motivation other will provide.
These little bits of advice and insight will server you well when trying to keep your motivation to lose weight. Start listening, start planning baby steps and share it with everyone. Soon you'll be on your way to reaching your weight loss goals.
If you're interested in weight loss supplements to boost your efforts, consider a FREE 14-day trial of Eternal Raspberry Ketone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment